There are many occasions when you want a volt free contact (potential free contact) from the motion sensor and presence sensor. You will require a Normally Open / Normally closed (NO/NC) contact for taking signals to a BMS system or other indication panels.
CX-100 Passive Infrared Ceiling/Wall Sensor of Watt Stopper is such a sensor which has one each NO and NC contact.
The standard sensor offers a coverage upto 1000 sq. ft. There are different models available with higher range of coverage. The sensor operates by 24 V DC system using the power pack supplied by Watt Stopper.
Features of CX-100 infrared occupancy sensor
- ASIC technology reduces components and enhances reliability
- Pulse Count Processing eliminates false offs without reducing sensitivity
- Detection Signature Analysis eliminates false triggers; provides immunity to RFI and EMI
- Digital time delay adjustable from 15 seconds to 30 minutes
- Adjustable sensitivity enables occupancy detection to match the level of activity for each space
- Integrated light level sensor (CX-100) can create bi-level control for added energy savings
- Volt free contacts for signalling or other applications
24 V DC Motion and Presence sensors
This sensor also can be used at 24 V DC system instead of 230 VAC. The vol free contacts of the sensor can be connected to external auxiliary relay or contactor and can be used for external loads if desired.
Also see our related articles :
- Guidelines for selecting motion sensors
- Various Applications Of Motion Sensors In Daily Life
- Motion sensor activated phone call alert
- Light Sensor for Energy Saving
- Motion sensors for advertising
Please read on further on our main pages: