Forklift Anti-collision system for factories and warehouses
We are briefly describing our forklift anti-collision system mainly for factories, warehouses etc.
In a warehouse or factory, there will be many forklifts moving around. It is always a safety hazard for personnel on the floor. One of the major safety risks is a collision between forklifts at corners and around racks which are blind points. This solution will provide alerts to the operators when two forklifts are nearby. This forklift anti-collision alert system is suitable for a crowded warehouse with lots of hidden spots and racks.
Also, we can provide another system which will generate alerts when a forklift approaches a human being or a wall or any other fixed object. However, this is better suited in a large open warehouse without racks. Otherwise, it will constantly be generating alerts
Each forklift will have a couple of receivers and transmitters which will continuously transmit and receive the ultrasonic signals.
Method of Operation of Forklift alert system
The method of operation of the forklift alert system is explained hereunder.
- The transmitters will be continuously emitting ultrasonic signals once the forklift is switched on.
- Each forklift will have multiple transmitters and receivers based on size.
- Transmitters and receivers will be paired with each other at a certain frequency.
- The receivers are connected to a processor to an alarm. The alarm is connected to each forklift.
- When two forklifts come close to each other (Approx. 15m), the alarm will be activated.
The sensor of Forklift Anti-collision system
Long-Range Ultrasonic Sensor, ideal for use with Robots and other applications. This unit has excellent directivity and sensitivity. Suitable for dual use, with standard operating frequency.
- The detection range of each sensor is up to 26 meters. The idea is to give an alert when two forklifts are within 26 meters of each other. If you want a longer range the same can be offered. However, this may cause a lot of unwanted alarms.
- The nominal Frequency of the sensor is 40kHz.
- The operating temperature of the sensor is from -30°C to +85°C.
- The dimension of the sensor is 16mm Diameter, 12mm High excluding pins. Pins will be 6mm High. The sensors have to fit at different corners of the forklift around the operator area so that it will not be damaged. If you have special requirements, we will design special mounting arrangements to suit the purpose.
The same forklift anti-collision alert system can be used for other heavy machinery such as cranes, earth-moving equipment, road rollers etc.
We can also provide a forklift monitoring system on a computer screen or on a tablet. This will indicate the locations of the forklifts. This system can collect continuous data and will also help you in data analytics.
Please check the latest specification and prices with our offices.
In the Middle East, we supply these forklift anti-collision systems in the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, etc.
In Africa, we serve countries including Kenya, Algeria, Tanzania, Djibouti, Chad, Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Morocco, Angola, South Africa, etc.