Vacker ties up with PSIDAC, Sweden for differential pressure sensors
PSIDAC, Sweden is a topmost manufacturer of pressure sensors, differential pressure sensors, and pressure transmitters. VackerGlobal has partnered with PSIDAC for Middle East countries. Vacker will promote its entire range of differential pressure sensors in Middle East countries.
Vacker is engaged in the following category of services.
- Automation for hospitals, clean rooms, etc.
- Supply of various sensors for industrial automation & building automation.
- Temperature and humidity monitoring solutions for hospitals, the lifecare segment, etc.
As Vacker is involved in the automation of critical segments, the addition of PSIDAC’s range of products will complement our service segment.
- Hospitals and clinics for ensuring negative pressure.
- Operation theatres need to work under controlled pressure.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing rooms are maintained under controlled pressure.
- Isolation rooms, which are maintained under negative pressure.
- Cold rooms and walk-in freezers may develop a pressure difference. This needs to be monitored.
- Pressure monitoring in the Central sterile supply department (CSSD) area of hospitals.
Features of Differential Pressure Sensors for hospitals & clinics
PSIDAC provides the following features in the pressure sensors.
- The display has a touch screen for easy configuration.
- The sensors can be connected to an ethernet network, BACNET protocol, Modbus, etc.
- An external data logger can be connected if you want to record data.
- Visual and audible alarms if the values exceed the programmed values.
- Flush mounting type display so that you can install it on walls.
Negative pressure sensor
In most hospital applications, the patient room will be under negative pressure compared to the outside. In this case, we have to monitor this area for negative pressure. We can see the pressure difference value on a screen. A negative pressure sensor will be used for this purpose.
Positive pressure sensor
Many industries like pharmaceutical industries require positive pressure in the manufacturing area. Basically, if there is a differential pressure, one of them will be positive pressure and the other side of the room will be negative pressure. The sensor used on the positive side can be termed a positive pressure sensor. In both cases, the entire system and sensors are the same. During the installation, we will configure it to display the positive or negative side of the pressure.
PSIDAC manufactures pressure transmitters, which are used to transmit pressure data. The model number is 6280. This comes in two models, one with a display and the other one without a display. The model is configurable for different input and output configurations.
The pressure transmitter has models capable of measuring up to ±2500 Pascals.
Also please see our article: Pressure measurement using differential sensors